Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 29: These are a few of my favorite things

 
This is a gift. A birthday gift. It's wrapped. 

Why is this gift special? Because it was purchased and wrapped on time for my friend's birthday. 

This is a freakin' miracle. I rarely remember birthdays or gifts or wrapping paper.

I owe it all to writing morning pages. During January, my pages have largely been about getting my shit together.

She swore! 

Three pages every day to figure out what to do and what is coming up and what I've learned and what I've got to work on. Three pages of the Life of Janice. 

Inside the pages, I've also wondered what the heck I'm doing with this project. Do I want it to become the next Julie & Julia or even, gulp, the next Eat, Pray, Love? The truth is, I don't know what I'm doing, but I think it has something to do with this sign that I have hanging above my desk: 

 

 So that's what I'm going to do. And I'm gonna do it right here. One birthday gift and page at a time. Watch me. 


3TGE29B6NSZ7


2 comments:

  1. Ohhh you must read Elizabeth Gilbert's new book! Just as fantastic as Eat, Pray, Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Elizabeth Gilbert. I heart her very much.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...