Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 12: New Year's Resolutions

I realized in my fervor to get this morning pages project underway that I didn't focus on my New Year's resolutions this year. Now, clearly this project of writing 365 morning pages and blogging about it is, in fact, a resolution. It's a resolution and a half. Maybe even two.

But what else is there? What do I really want for 2010?
"Well, you can always be thinner... look better."
-- Patrick Bateman, American Psycho
Last year, my only resolution was to be able to do the splits. Still can't do them, but I tried. Sort of. Not really. Stretching, for me, turns into meditating on my mat, which leads to napping. 

Then there is the resolution to write another book. But I've always got a book on the go. Last year, I wrote half a book before I realized it wasn't going to fly. Perhaps it will fly eventually but not right now.

So what are my resolutions for 2010?

Even now, I'm blank. I couldn't come up with any in my morning pages either. Everything I wrote down, I'm already doing. I guess I can just keep up the good work. See, my year is already a series of New Year's resolutions. First, we start with the oh-so-reflective January 1st. Then a few months later, we have Lent, which is just another crack at the New Year's resolution. Then a few months later, it's September, which has the back-to-school feeling in the air, so it feels beginning-ish to me.

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."
-- Joe Fox, You've Got Mail
Reader, I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. That's how much I appreciate you being here.


2 comments:

  1. I love that line from You've Got Mail. "Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?" That one's great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. Daisies are the friendliest flower.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...