Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 20: Eff You Paintings

After yesterday's kerfuffle with not wanting to do my morning pages, I had a burst of creative energy. I don't understand this strange twist but I think the importance is not in the understanding but in the ability to go with what transpires.

Last night I bought groceries and made a stew with my new crock pot. Usually that would be enough creative energy for me. But, I was on fire so I finished two paintings. Check out the beauts:


This crow painting is called Worship. It made me wonder, What do crows worship? Or do they worship? Or do animals worship at all? I love crows. I love how sassy they can be and how the have survived so well in urban environments. They have an Eff You quality about them that I dig. And this one happens to have a spiritual slant, squawking at God or the sun, which I also dig. The tree is taken from a photograph by my sister Carla MacLeod. It's a tree in the yard of the house we grew up in. Best gift ever. Who would have thought to take a photo of one of the trees on the yard. So creative.


Bad ass dude hanging out with a bad ass car. It's Bad Ass x2. Maybe that's what I'll call it. This painting also happens to have an Eff You quality about it, though I didn't realize it until now. 

A quick shout out to all those folks who were so encouraging yesterday when I didn't want to do my morning pages or this blog. It helps. Oh my goodness it helps. Perhaps my burst of creativity came from the good thoughts from you, dear reader. Thoughts that traveled through the ether to me and converted into a burst of creative energy. Thank you. I needed that.

No problem. Glad to help. 

You are so thoughtful.

Yes I am.


4 comments:

  1. I kinda like that a group of crows is called a murder. Although I guess that's a bit morbid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another reason crows are rad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stumbling on this nearly 2 years later... happy to say that your bad-ass crow looks amazing perched on my wall. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...