Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 26: Full Disclosure

Up until today, there was a zit on my face in the photograph above. Whenever I looked at the photo, I  saw only the zit. That is until today when I Photoshopped the sucker out. I thought about leaving it, since who is to say which is more perfect: the photo with the blemish or the photo without. And isn't full disclosure and being my raw naked self much more interesting to read?

Yes it is.

Too bad. The zit is out! Ain't technology grand? Speaking of technology, I just found out that I can order my bare veggie burrito from Chipotle via an app on my iPhone. And speaking of iPhone, I can hardly focus on work today because Apple is announcing their new products tomorrow and my fingers are crossed for the tablet/slate/better-than-lame-Kindle and maybe even a more souped up iPhone. Technology truly is grand.

But...

But?

But I'm reading Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer and finding out more about factory farms. In this case, technology is not so grand. The factory farmers argue that they are feeding their families and all of America. But oh, how they make the Earth cry. I'm finding I have more questions because of this book, like how can I call myself eco-conscious  when I have eaten meat from farms that are anything but eco-conscious? All this makes me feel like a big fat faker. Maybe that's why I Photoshopped the zit off my face in the photo. So I could show you my genuine fake self.


6 comments:

  1. Fake shmake! I think there is a difference betwixt being a fake and being honest. You, dear writer, are trying to be as honest as can be, therefore, relieving yourself of faker-dom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up. Haven't we all Photoshopped a zit off ourselves at some point? ;) No harm, no foul.

    I hope you've seen Food, Inc. It's a great look at industrial vs. organic farming. I highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxanne Van DammeJanuary 27, 2010

    Never noticed the zit.

    You taught me how to pick them, so maybe you can teach me how to photoshop them out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadn't even noticed the zit until you pointed it out. :)

    And the Kindle may not do everything the new iPad tablet does, but it is still pretty slick, thank-you-very-much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cassandra, you know you're going to get an iPad eventually. Who's kidding who.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Roxanne. Did I really teach you to pick zits? Oh my. Life lessons with Janice. And Mel Heth, I have seen Farm Inc. It was my "gateway drug" to Eating Animals.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...