Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 34: Perseverance

Generally speaking, people can't drink and drive.

I can't drink and buy books.

Last night I got liquored up with my coworkers then sauntered into Barnes & Noble. I could have bought out the place. Books are so pretty and pristine and full of words and ideas and pictures.

I gasped aloud when I discovered Finding Water: The Art of Perseverance by Julia Cameron. I didn't know this book existed. I have all the other books in the Artist's Way series. I snapped it up, gave the man my money and stumbled out of the store. Later, I took a gander at the book and realized it was a three month course just like the Artist's Way.

I groaned. Ack! Artist dates and assignments. That sobered me up right quick.

This book is about perseverance. I figure that to write morning pages and blog about it for a year is going to need some perseverance. Honestly, it's been a pretty easy journey so far. It's been fun, creative and I've already experienced some good results. Adding perseverance can only be a good thing, right?

I have a quote on my wall at work:
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4
 By discovering this book now, and by having this lone quote staring at me all day long, I must be in training for perseverance (which is not easy to type, btw, so many e's in there). I'm going to give it a go and keep you abreast of the situation.

She said "a breast." Tee hee.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...