Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 35: The Kind Diet

Apparently, one doesn't need to be schwacked out of one's gourd to keep buying books. Yesterday I was whipping out the plastic at the bookstore after a martini or two. I bought Finding Water: The Art of Perseverance by Julia Cameron. Rather than read the book, I went out and bought another book today: The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. I love the dedication page of Silverstone's book.
"for those who do their best to tread lightly on the earth." 
Kind indeed, even in the dedication. 

The premise of the book is to eat according to what is healthy for both you and the planet.

Now I've got two great new books and I don't know where to start. I'm like a kid in a candy shop, unless you were like me as a kid and had a dental assistant for a mother who would torture you with horrifying thoughts of fillings and dentist chairs and needles if you had even one piece of candy at all.

Anywho. Prior to creating this project of writing my morning pages everyday for a year, I didn't read much. I mean, I perused periodicals, I scanned pages of books, I meandered my way through the paper. But now, I've become a reading machine. Where do I find the time? I have no idea. It just appears. Magically.

And these two books don't seem thematically linked but somehow I think they are for me. Some inventive spirit or guardian angel is hanging out in another realm concocting a plan. He knows that these two books are the perfect books for my life's experience right here and right now. One book on creativity. The other book on veganism and environmentalism. I wonder what he's cooking up.

Stay tuned.

Sit Ubu sit. Good dog.


1 comment:

  1. Ohh please post about the Alicia Silverstone book as you go! I'm very curious what she has to say. That reminds me...I think she was on Oprah this week talking about her book. I'll have to go watch.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...