Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 38: Doing morning pages in the morning

Today is Sunday. I did my morning pages first thing this morning. Then I made a cup of tea and watched the crows swirl around the palm trees outside my bay window. For the rest of the day I had a feeling of accomplishment that I had done my pages. No nattering internal monologue about how I have to do them or I don't want to do them or when am I going to make time to do them.

Replaced by "what am I going to write in my blog." 

Yes, there is always the blog. But for today the pages were done first thing. And the rest of the day felt more open for other opportunities. In my pages, I wrote a long list of what I could do today. I didn't actually do any of the items on the list. Instead I puttered around the house, did a free yoga podcast from Yoga Journal, met a friend for a chat, met a few others for dinner, and a few others still for a night cap. Basically, I had a pretty good day of putzing around the 'hood. I wonder if I had a good day because I did my morning pages first thing, before I did anything else.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll try to do my morning pages before everything else... before making tea (or at least start while the water is boiling), before I pack my bag or make my smoothie. If I suck it up and do it first thing, will my mind space feel as open as it did today? There is only one way to find out.

Five bucks she sleeps in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...