Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 43: Donating art and making soup

I'm donating one of my paintings to a fundraiser for a USM student. I don't know this guy but I read his story and was compelled to help. I love that I can give in a way that is pleasing to me. First, I get pleasure out of painting the art. Second, the fundraiser gets the pleasure of raising the funds. Third, the buyer gets pleasure out of having the art. That's three happy campers! Had I just given cash then the only happy camper would be the fundraiser.

I don't write this to say, Hey look at me and my altruistic self. In fact, I was about to donate to another charity recently until I saw the Vita-Mix blender in my Sur La Table catalog. Now I'm reconsidering my allocation of funds. Then again, I could become a vegan soup making master, selling soups made with my super amazing Vita-Mix blender. That way I'd be happy, the soup eaters would be happy, the animals would be happy (because it's vegan) and the charities that gets the proceeds would be happy. That's four happy campers!

Yep, I'm a giver.

So reader, when you're feeling compelled to give, consider what way would make giving feel best to you. Donating art brings me to my happy place and I think somehow that it counts more when it comes from a happy place.

Anyway, I offer this up as (vegan) food for thought. 

Is she becoming one of these annoying granola pushers that make you feel bad about putting milk in your coffee? 

Gawd I hope not. 


1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 16, 2012

    You're link is dead. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...