Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 44: Walking the walk

Julia Cameron recommends a daily walk as you do the Artist's Way course. Lucky for me, I pretty much rock at walking.

Today, I walked by the first apartment I had when I moved to Santa Monica nearly a decade ago. I was so very young. Very very young. I knew I had made the right choice in moving here, but that first year I had my doubts. It was more than tough.

Now, years later, I look back at that girl living in that apartment and I send her love and other good vibes. I tell her it will be okay. I tell her that ten years from now she'll have a beautiful life. I let her know that the ideas she has now will become published books and sold paintings. I tell her that she will have the same car ten years from now but will have a very different life. A better life. A calmer life. A fun life where she has decent furniture that isn't from IKEA. She will have a pretty view out her living room window. She'll have so many good friends that she'll have to juggle how she fits them all in. I tell her she'll have a good laugh most days. I tell her to keep calm and carry on.

As I was telling her this, I imagined the me ten years from now sending me love and good vibes. What does the life of my future self look like? Will the me of the future be walking by the apartment I live in now and say, Girl, you ain't seen nothing yet.

I hope so.




2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I've run through this same scenario many times myself.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...