Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 59: The ominous Getty Center

The forecast called for rain so I zipped over to The Getty Center, which is located high on a hill overlooking LA, the Pacific and the I-405. I was after clouds and wasn't disappointed. This is a view of downtown LA:

 

A sculpture of a monk was also enjoying the view:



So were these folks:


It was a great day to be at The Getty Center. I went to see the Rembrandt sketches but was more blown away by the photographic collage work of an artist named Soo Kim in the exhibit titled Urban Panoramas: Opie, Liao, Kim. If you check the link, the art is better in person.

Then it rained. It poured. People ran into the buildings. I stood under an awning with one of the security guards. We discussed how much we like the rain and are "tired of those dreadful sunny days," as he said. I wouldn't go that far. I'm from Canada. Then I skipped into the gift shop, which was a treasure trove for my inner child. I bought a woodless graphite pencil, a mini flower press and stationery oozing with pink cherry blossoms.

Artist Date at The Getty Center: A+

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a terrific idea. Get to the Getty for the rain. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...