Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 60: My three year anniversary

I woke up early today to meet up with my friends at the coffee shop. But my neighbor had parked too close to the garage door so I couldn't get my car out. I didn't want to wake her at 6:30. It wasn't an emergency so I made tea at home. I was nearly out of tea so it was a weak brew. Hardly "did the job" that I expect from a caffeinated beverage.

When my neighbor finally moved her car, I drove off to work with my tea in my travel mug. My travel mug has ONE JOB. To not leak. It leaked all down my shirt. At work, I spilled my breakfast all over my jeans. I also had not one but TWO pens run out of ink.

The universe is trying to tell me something. I just haven't figured out what it is.

Coincidentally, today is officially my three year anniversary of working at the advertising agency.

(Pause for dramatic effect)

I'm not sure what to say about that.

(Pause for more dramatic effect)

I still got nuthin'.

(Pause to consider which coworkers read this blog and which I hope don't read this blog)

I just think the events from this morning and the anniversary are related. That's all I'm saying.


6 comments:

  1. At least you can take some satisfaction in the knowing that you haven't spent the last three years producing...oh..wait a minute....never mind. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me be the first to tell you that there will be no balloons and flowers. I'm coming upon 10 years on April 17th and have received NADA! Well ok....the gift card when they get around to giving it to u...but after 10 years...it's the same amount. One would think a new car was in order or $100 for each year. I'm just saying! Happy anniversary my friend! Happy you've lasted this long. Not sure what I'd do w/o my Janice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally, i can leave a comment. whatever you did, you made it possible for my comment to materialize on the page. bravo, jan, you did something right today after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FBOTTATMROW! I'm just saying.
    jule

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary, J. It's funny how quickly the years pass, isn't it? My 5-year is coming up at my current job.

    I'm sorry you spilled on yourself. I hate when the universe has to tell us stuff in such a stain-y way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really enjoying reading your blog, especially as I'm going through The Artist's Way right now.

    Also, you won an award on my blog! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...