And it couldn't have come at a better time because I had no idea what to write on my blog today. So thanks Coffee-Stained Writer for the material.
Of course, the award doesn't just happen. There are rules:
- Put the logo on the blog within your post. Done and done.
- Pass the award on to 12 bloggers. Do I even know 12 bloggers?
- Link the nominees within your post. Shit this is a lot of work.
- Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blogs. Oh man!
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award. Doable.
1. Rotation and Balance: First prize. Hands down. Random observations about life that make me laugh, ponder and often leave a comment. This guy has a gift for writing a final line that makes you sigh with satisfaction.
2. I Quit Eating Meat: One meat-eaters path to veganism: When one becomes a vegan, one suffers if one doesn't do it correctly. This guy keeps me calm and helps me carry on with my vegan ways. His prose is also lighthearted and not preachy.
3. An Undertakers Diaries: Call me creepy but I dig hearing about this chick's day job. She doesn't take it too seriously and she throws in a few key phrases that make me grin like "a breather" when she needs to take a vacation and "back to the grind" when she returns to the embalming room. She's also sweet as can be. If I kick it, I hope she's my undertaker. Also, her Twitter name is yerLOCALundrtkr. How great is that?
4. Melissundertstandings: Life according to Mel Heth: This chick just keeps on keeping on. She writes about her path to figuring out her life, improving it, flubbing it up and being honest about it all along the way.
Oh my gosh how many more are there? These long blog posts!
Speaking of long blog posts, my fifth Sunshine Award goes to:
5. Pete McCormack: This guy directed Facing Ali, which was shortlisted for an Academy Award this year. Sometimes he writes really long blog posts about world events I don't quite understand but they are interspersed with humor and amazing lines like the one I've recently adopted as my motto: Love more. Be creative. Serve where you can.
6. Forks and Jets: A true story of a couple of amateur foodie traveloguers going around the world: Picture this: You and your husband lose your jobs during the recession. You pack up your apartment, chuck it all in storage and take off for a trip around the world. These two are doing it. Amazing photos, fun writing. Makes me feel like I'm there with them. Except they are eating delicious meat and cheese. And I am sucking back a veggie burger trying to pretend it's the same. It's not.
There you have it. I have six bloggers who win my Sunshine Award because they inspire the blogger universe.
Hey Blogger, congratulations on your award.
Aw shucks, Reader. Thanks for showing up. I think you're just great.