Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 62: Guerilla Art

I went out for lunch with my friend Cassandra who gave me a random gift of awesomeness:



It's filled with super fun graphics and step-by-step instructions on creating street art. It got me thinking about Shepard Fairey's Obey guerilla art pieces....
 
And if you don't recognize his work, perhaps you'll recognize one of his more familiar pieces: 




... and Space Invader's guerilla art pieces... this artist cements these beauties all over town for people to find and appreciate:


... and my own guerilla art pieces to come. I can picture it now. I'm dressed in black and slinking around Santa Monica with a toolbox full of art supplies creating my own street art.

Isn't that against the law?

Pft! Don't be such a stickler. Do first, ask for permission later. Stay tuned for super cool art on the mean streets of Santa Monica.

You live off Montana Ave. The swankiest street in town.

Perfect. They'll never suspect a thing.


2 comments:

  1. Don;t get arrested! I have no money to bail you out. I'll have to sell some art!
    Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of Neckface. I saw his stuff all over the east village when I was in NY a few years ago.

    You're such an artist rebel... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...