Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 68: It happened again... didn't do my morning pages

I woke up this morning at 5 a.m. with the realization that I did not write my morning pages yesterday.

Ugh.

That's the second time this year that I just plain for-effing-got to do my pages.

The day got away from me.

Cop out.

Ya, I know. I truly felt bad about not writing the pages. I felt bad enough to consider not mentioning it in this here wee blog. But, that's not exactly the point. I want you to be involved in this year-long experiment of me writing my morning pages each and every day. I want us to find out together how my life changes or if it doesn't change at all. Or if they become easy to write or too hard to write. Or whatever happens, I want us to all know about it.

Sigh. Now you know I'm not perfect.

Shocker.

Yesterday I rushed out the door to get to coffee to see my friends, rushed to work, rushed home, rushed to eat before friends came over and after they left I went to bed forgetting all about my little year long project that takes up at least an hour of every single day.

I'm in the third month, too. Just about the same time that I have lost momentum with The Artist's Way in the past. But, dear Reader, I will prevail! I will boldly go where I have not gone before! I WILL WRITE MY MORNING PAGES ONCE MORE!

Starting today, when I am doing two sets. One in the morning and one later.

I'm going to need a cape.



2 comments:

  1. Perhaps with your cape you could try putting your panties on, on top of your yoga pants, to complete the wonder woman look, red lipstick helps too.
    jule

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still reeling from the "I got up at 5 a.m." part... That made my circadian rhythms hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...