Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 74: Post Maui Blues

I missed Maui from the moment I sat down in the shuttle on the way back to the airport. I was glad to have sat the back seat. I was also glad the sun had set because I sat in the dark back corner of the shuttle quietly crying, wishing I didn't have to go back to my regularly scheduled life.

Now back on the mainland, I'm not crying on the outside but I'm screaming on the inside. This is what I look like when I'm screaming on the inside:

The hotel provided fresh flowers for my hair each and every day.

Plenty of warnings about going in the water, but they just make you take a breath and say "Bring it on."

Another crap sunset from my hotel.

I've got to be honest. I'm not understanding the hype about shave ice. I also don't understand why they don't call it shaveD ice.
The beer, I get.
This is me listening to him:
Piper and I went whale watching. That black speck in the water is a whale.
Then we went snorkeling:
Yes, that is an unflattering snorkel line on my forehead but it was so worth it. And now I'm back to commuting, work flow, Whole Foods take away and routine. Oh my God how am I going to do this?


4 comments:

  1. You look so calm in the first picture (flower in hair). You should replace your blog picture with this one.

    I'm glad you had a good time. Are you already back in the office? You must be hiding b/c I haven't seen you all day!

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that the best way to get through it is to make the actual plan to get back there. And avoid eating pineapple from the grocery store. It looks like a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the line on your forehead. It says job well done with the smile!! Maybe another 12 weeks doing The Artist's Way will bring Maui Magic back to your daily life. Still, nothing can beat fresh cut flowers for your hair everyday when you wake up.... now you have me dreaming.... mmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always cry after good vacations. It's pretty much inevitable. But I guess better to cry because you loved the vacation than to never had the vacation at all... :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...