Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 82: I have a confession

Confession: I am a chronic over-doer.

Since my back went out, I have had to kibosh many plans. That said, I still had a full schedule. I think this is why my back went out. My body had to stop me because I couldn't stop myself.

My friend Patricia recited this quote, which is pertinent to my current Frankenstein posture:
"The head is full of illusion, the heart is full of deceit and the body doesn't lie."
My body is telling me to slow the hell down, even though my heart and mind are saying, "Go do this, go to that. It will be fun."

I'm not sure what all this over-doing is all about. It could be as simple as having a creative mind. If you have a creative mind, you'll understand that the mind can be quite Tasmanian devil at times. Whirling around in it's own storm but not getting very far.

Even this blog is a reflection of my over-doing tendencies. I said I would write my pages everyday. I never committed to posting to my blog everyday. Yet here I am. Day 82: Perfect score. 

So I leave you today with this short post. Because I don't want to overdo it.


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, my overactive, creative brain keeps me busy doing things so it isn't left to think for too long. This is for self preservation (my brain is doing it though, not me). It knows what happens when it has time on it's hands. I've had to practice training myself to accept slowing down and hearing what's going on, when I'm not busy with the business. It was really strange at first. Meditation would be the ultimate practice. And it's on my list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...