Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 83: Your body is not Halle Berry's body

Stop comparing your body to other people's bodies. Your body is not Halle Berry's body. Her body belongs to her. Your body belongs to you.

Both bodies perform different functions in this life in order to assist you both in fulfilling your individual life's purposes. Her body gives her the necessary experiences that she needs so that she can learn the lessons she needs to learn in this life. Your body is here to assist you, too, in its unique way. Stop comparing it to Halle Berry. Or anyone.

Ignore that inner voice and those glaring eyes in the mirror that judge your body. They are whiny energy storms in your system. That is all.

Exercise and eat healthy most of the time. And leave it at that.

This is Halle Berry and her body doing what they like to do:


This is me and my body doing what we like to do:

Writing from my hotel room in Maui.

And this:

Can't we all just get along?

(I have been having a domestic argument with my body today. I'm short fused like a crazy person. In my morning pages, I was going off on everything that is wrong with my body. Not because of the size or strength of my body parts, but because I can't move them without pain. Is this ibuprofen even working? In the course of my three pages, I went from beating myself up to yelling back at myself and it ended with the Halle Berry rant written above.)

You so crazy.

Don't I know it. 

7 comments:

  1. Crazy is as crazy does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan - Another book I recommend "Do I look fat in this?" I'm big on the self help books lately as I need a lot of self help too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, you have an amazing ablility to remain positive...and I LOVE it. :) thank you for reminding me that I am ME and you are YOU and Halle Berry is HER....and we are all gorgeous in our own unique way with our own unique purpose!
    That photo of you in Maui says it all! beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hally Berry is a type 1 diabetic. You body is already better than hers just because of that alone! Count your blessings each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oy...thanks for reminding me just how damn good that woman looks. I'll think of this post next time I start counting my spider veins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure what the point of your post is. Perhaps if you posted more pictures of Halle Berry it might make it clearer.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...