Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 100: My 100th day of doing morning pages!

Now I really do deserve a medal.

Today is my 100th day of doing* morning pages and blogging about it.

Three cheers for Janice!

Aw shucks reader. You're good to me. Always showing up. Leaving great comments. You're swell.

The Plastiki, a boat I wrote about in an earlier post that is made entirely out of recycled plastic bottles is currently on it's voyage from San Francisco to Sydney. (Track their voyage here.) It's a 100 day voyage. They've been gone 23 days so far. After doing this blog for 100 days, I realize that 100 days is a very long time. I feel like I've been at this forever. And that's on dry land, in the comfort of my own home, with fresh food from the farmer's market, and all the conveniences of modern life. I feel for the crew of Plastiki. Send some good vibes to light their way, would you?

And while you're at it, pray to Saint Anthony that my friend Marcus finds the St. Christopher's medal that his mom gave him before she died. My sister said to me of Saint Anthony the other day:
Watch what you ask for from Saint Anthony. That shit works. It's like bleach. You gotta be careful. 
Gosh, I didn't know this post would become a vigil. But perhaps, prayer is what I'll need myself to get through the next 265 days. If 100 days feels like a long time, what will a year feel like? And how will my life change?

Top 15 highlights from the first 100 days:
  1. Writing this here daily blog (which was not my initial intention but is fun and fulfilling)
  2. Creating a twitter account (who are these random people that follow me?)
  3. Going on a free trip to Hawaii (won by my best friend)
  4. Creating a monthly giveaway (Email me your mailing address to enter)
  5. Becoming vegan (I did not see that coming)
  6. Paintings I painted and posted on Etsy
  7. Selling of my paintings on Etsy
  8. Seeing the cast of Lost 
  9. Going to my first kirtan
  10. Experiencing the blossoming, wilting and demise of a romantic relationship
  11. Winning a blog award
  12. Inspiring not just one but two other people to start blogging
  13. Welcoming the birth of my niece Elle Marie to the world (named after me, Janice Marie) 
  14. Experiencing whiplash
  15. Creating another blog that showcases my Hipstamatic photos
Not bad for the first 100 days. Not bad at all.

Three cheers for Janice!


*There were only a few dark days where I didn't write my pages. Hey, it's a process.

5 comments:

  1. am I one of the two you inspired to blog?
    xo

    Congrats on your first 100 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah Janice! I hereby give you the honorary award of "Most Diligent Artist's Way Blogger."

    Three cheers for Janice!

    Hip-hip-hooray!
    Hip-hip-hooray!
    Hip-hip-hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and inspire me, you DID!!!

    thanks, and congrats on your hundred pages!

    VERY WELL DONE!
    as a *newbie* blogger....I now know what it takes to submit posts. To do it every day, you WILL RECEIVE A MEDAL FOR SURE!

    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say this is worth four cheers at least. Or maybe three hundred. It's wonderful to follow your creative process; like basking under a highly artistic sun. I think the next step is to focus those rays... so difficult when you have so much brilliance. But I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw shucks, Nagaji. I appreciate that you show up here to bask. You're right. I will need to focus those rays. I've got a few ideas. I'll keep you posted.

    --Nagini

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...