Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 120: The hidden magic in daily life

"There is a hidden magic to what is happening in your life right now."
This was my horoscope for today and let me tell you something. When I read it, I breathed a sigh of relief. Somehow, getting in the car and driving to a business park in the stinking hot San Fernando Valley is a little easier to do when you know there is some hidden magic lurking, some magical reason why you're doing it. Because from my vantage point, all I see is smog.

Remember when The Secret came out? The whole Law of Attraction craze? I was all over it. I bought the film for friends, I had viewing parties at my house and I discussed it at length with newbies who had never considered how they can use the Law of Attraction to create the life of their dreams. I even started going to Agape, where the super awesome talent and well-spoken Michael Bernard Beckwith can sure as shit turn a frown upside down.


I love when you swear.

Michael Bernard Beckwith wrote Spiritual Liberation, which is in my top 5 best books ever. He was one of the experts on The Secret that spoke of the Law of Attraction.

For newbies, here is a quick lesson on the Law of Attraction:

Thoughts become things.

So basically, imagine the life of your dreams and magically the life of your dreams will appear.

Sounds too good to be true?

Well, it is and it isn't.

Some hopeful folks think that if they just think but do not do then that's enough for their dreams to come true. Not so. You need to walk toward your dreams by taking some action steps, then the Universe will swoosh in and impress you with supernova magic.

At least that's how I think it goes. I'm still not sure sometimes why I'm at where I'm at because I'm a big time dreamer. I don't even know exactly where I'm going with this blog. But, I can relay an example of how the Law of Attraction has worked in my life. 

I imagined the apartment I live in now in Santa Monica. I did. Right down to the view outside my window.

The view outside my window. 

I took action to find it. I scoured the neighborhood and did the leg work. But, the magic is that I did, in fact, see my apartment in my mind before I walked into it. And when I did, I slapped down my money, took the keys and hauled in my mattress.

So dear reader, whether or not you believe in the Law of Attraction, I hope that there is hidden magic working on your behalf in your life right now. I hope that there are unexplainable sweetnesses coming to you left and right, like this morning when I ran into one of my best friends at the coffee shop. She never goes to that coffee shop. Had I not walked out at the exact moment she walked in, I would have missed her. Running into her made me smile and that made it a little easier to get in the car and drive to a business park in the stinking hot San Fernando Valley.

2 comments:

  1. 7:00 am
    Magic will imminently unfold from this stinking, hot diaper I will have to change in the next five minutes. Thank the universe that there is hidden magic in this cup of coffee I made self (must be the Peet's mug).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right with you on the Law of Attraction love. Even working on a book idea that I'd love to send your way when it's all fleshed out...

    Happy manifesting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...