Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 96: I took writing my morning pages to a whole new level

I'm sick as hell and I wrote my damn pages anyway. Three cheers for me.

Ra ra ra!

I was reminded of just how hard writing in a journal can be even when one is a healthy kitty.

I think I deserve some sort of karmic brownie points for pushing through and writing whilst sneezing. I really didn't want to do it, but I really REALLY didn't want to write a post about how I threw in the white tissue and let the common cold win.

1 point for Janice. 0 points for the common cold.

U.S.A! U.S.A!. U.S.A!

So dear Reader, when you write your pages, even if you write them sporadically, you deserve a freakin' medal. They aren't easy.

This cold has also allowed me to practice the art of saying no. I have learned over the last few days of sniffling that I have become a chronic invitation accepter. I'll go here, there and everywhere if you ask me. And generally, if I say no, it's only because I've already got a plan.

With my cold, I've been saying no to invitations. This cold is so bad that I can't bear to infect any of you... except for my coworkers who gave it to me in the first place. (We've all been hunting around the office for boxes of tissues.)

This saying no is a good thing. My belly, for instance, has relaxed. My smiling muscles don't hurt so much from overuse (I have very funny friends). And my mind has calmed down (though that could also be due to extensive Thera-Flu use).

Perhaps the cure for the common cold is the common cold.


2 comments:

  1. Hey! I had nothing to do with your cold! Keep your germs away from me. I suppose I should thank you for the warning!

    Feel better and here are your scores:

    9.0 9.9 10 10 9.8

    Viki

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this post I can't help but think of the people you hear about who have no legs yet climb mountains, or Olympic runners who are totally dehydrated after a marathon, yet somehow summon the inner courage to stagger across the finish line. Wusses. I can only imagine how they'd cower and run with their tails between their legs if they had to write THREE WHOLE PAGES while they had a cold. Personal sacrifice like that not only deserves recognition, but puts the idea of achievement over adversity in a whole new perspective. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...