Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 133: My ity bity book of complaints

Attempting to take my own advice from yesterday's post, I decided to actually do my morning pages in the morning.

They are, after all, called morning pages. That Julia Cameron knew what she was talking about when she wrote the Artist's Way.

As I sat down with my page and a super strong overpriced coffee from the swanky boutique coffee shop near my house, I realized that I usually to start my pages with a list of complaints.

Janice's Ity Bity Book of Nastiness

That's what my journal has become.

Even I didn't want to read it as I was writing it so I stopped. This could be why I've been slacking on doing my pages lately. That and my friend Ilham told me yesterday to stop complaining.

When I stopped, my mind went blank except for one thought. What if I didn't have anything to complain about? What on earth would I write about? 

Blankness. Is that what is happening? Am I writing out all the words so that I become a blank canvas?

Apparently no, because after I gave it another minute, what followed was my Evil Plans.

Sigmund Freud once said that in order to be truly happy in life, a human being needed to acquire two things: The capacity to work, and the capacity to love.

Hugh MacLeod (no relation) says that an Evil Plan is really about being able to do both at the same time. Read more about it here.

So ya, my Evil Plans are rising up in my pages. And you know what? They are so much better to read than a long list of complaints. Now my book is....

Janice's Ity Bit Book of Evil Plans

Bwah-ha-ha-haaaa


2 comments:

  1. "So Brain, whatcha wanna do?"
    "The same thing we do everyday Pinky... try to take over the world!"

    Evil K-Shnivel, it is called dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I feel as though even your evil plans would be like, "Create amazing art" and "Save starving children"...?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...