Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 121: How to make a fort

Introducing the best fort ever.


Supplies:
  • Pillows
  • Blankets
  • Small child
  • Flashlight
Oliver, my Godson, came by to hang with his Auntie Jan. A few weeks ago he was into bubbles. Now it's all about forts. I couldn't be more pleased.  I'm especially pleased when he wants me to be one of the posts. That means I have to sit on the couch with my feet on the coffee table, holding down the corners of the blanket. From this vantage point I sip my coffee and watch while he builds the rest. We chat about the merits of using one pillow over the other and how the use of the umbrella makes the fort roof waterproof, obviously.

This child is brilliant. Clearly, he takes after his Godmother.


2 comments:

  1. Brilliance must run in your godmother genes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hence the expression, "Don't just sit there like a post."

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...