Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 142: Lies, all lies!

I received an email today that started with this...
"Hi there, Just visited your "City Walks: Paris" blog and I was super impressed by its design and content..."
Of course I was beaming with pride at this. The email went on to say that I was invited to join some online fashion community and current memberships are by invitation only and they'd LOVE to have me in the community.

Well that's nice.

Except I reread the first sentence...
"Just visited your "City Walks: Paris" blog..."
I do, in fact, own this blog in the hopes that one day I will go to Paris and I will do city walks and I will post about them, but right now this is the content that my emailer was "super impressed by:"
Under Construction
This is under construction. If you've arrived here from my other blog, then get back there. There is nothing to see here. Not yet anyway.
Deflated. Rejected. Lied to by a dumb dumb spammer.

There is a lesson here, kids. I just haven't figured it out yet.


4 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 23, 2010

    Uh, yeah, there IS a lesson/message here: get to Paris and start blogging and walking. (and spell check your "under construction" site) (and bring your best walking buddy OR writing partner so she can study while you blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God you saw that typo! It's been changed in this post as well as the other blog.

    Thank you my anonymous proofreader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't PowderRoomGraffiti, was it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Janice. I had the same email just now. My son pricked my bubble when he said, it's nice that someone thinks your blog is jolly good, but why don't you google whether anyone else has had that same email? So I did. And so here I am. I guess I'm a bit naive, lol. But I'm in good company :) Mind if I have a wander around?
    E

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...