Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 153: I miss Rome

I woke up this morning to this beautiful, breathtaking, spectacular view of the Amalfi Coast.


And I had two thoughts:
  1. What the fuck am I going to do here for 4 days?
  2. I miss Rome. 
I miss the streets and the fountains of Rome. I miss the piazzas, pizzas, pastas and even the museums and streets I have yet to explore.

I miss Rome.

I miss Romans. 

I look out over my beautiful view and I'm cranky and bored. I turn to Aine and say, "Aine, what are we going to do here?"

"We are going to relax, Janice."


Relax?

Instant panic.

Relaxing isn't exactly my forté. I am, as Elizabeth Gilbert describes in Eat Pray Love:
"the overstressed executive who goes on vacation, but who cannot relax."
I miss Rome, but I'll give this relaxing a try.

This isn't Rome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...