Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 170: The silent beauty of roadtrips

It's better that he drives
I'm a better passenger
Holding the map and reaching for snacks
That's more my thing

I gaze lazily over the steering wheel
He steers with his wrist
I take photos as we go
Documenting the passing outside
All the while knowing that the best of the trip
Happens inside

Everything gets ironed out between gas stations
Conversations about love
Questionable lyrics
Lost passion in careers
Cabin temperature

In the holy silences
We have conversations with those not in the car
Then he asks for the water
And I reach back for the bottle



2 comments:

  1. I remember reading this over and over again a few times a day. Pretty much everytime I sat in the living room at your place.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...