Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 177: Being a bad kitty

"Are you being like a bad kitty trying to get out of your box?"
This is what my sister said this morning to my 5-month-old niece who was clawing at the walls of her crib.

Remember having a litter of kittens when you were a kid? Back when you lived in the country? If you have, you remember watching them attempt to get out of the box you had them contained in so that they wouldn't scamper out to the road and into traffic or other troubles. Eventually they would learn how to leap and that would be the end of living in the box.

Found this image online. 
Google image searching "box of kittens" is fun. Try it.

What my sister said this morning got me thinking about me and my current 30-something crisis. Am I being like a bad kitty trying to get out of my box? Maybe the box is good for me. Perhaps it even serves me well. It could be here for my protection so that I don't tumble out into a world of traffic and trouble I can't quite handle yet.

Or maybe, just maybe, I've grown out of my box and am ready to take a big leap.


3 comments:

  1. Or maybe you should stop comparing yourself to a bad kitty before I write the obligatory litter box jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marni. And then write about it please. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...