Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 186: The soundtrack of morning pages

I like to imagine you imagining me writing my morning pages.

You probably think I'm sitting at my little breakfast nook with a fresh coffee and my journal. I lean over and smell the fresh bouquet of flowers. I gaze out the window to the garden of blooming roses. My husband walks over and kisses me on my forehead as he heads into the kitchen to make toast.

Wait... I think that's a Folgers commercial.

The truth is that none of that happens. I shove writing morning pages in the nooks and crannies of my day. Today, I wrote my pages at the 76 station down the road while getting an oil change. Cars screech by, horns honk, the incessant freeway roars and the car wash swooshes and beeps. That's the soundtrack of morning pages.

Sigh... I'd rather be in the Folgers commercial.

But, the challenge is to be content where we're at.
"Love the truth of a moment more than anything you might wish would be there."
                      -- Elia Wise
I looked up that Folgers commercial and couldn't find it but I found this one. It must have had a huge media buy because this one is tattooed on my brain:




2 comments:

  1. "Getting an oil change." So that's what the kids are calling it these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, if only I could write a spot like that one...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...