1. To pick out from others; select.
2. To gather; collect.
3. To remove rejected members or parts from (a herd, for example).
n. Something picked out from others, especially something rejected because of inferior quality.
Since I returned from Rome, I've been culling. I've picked out, gathered, collected and removed rejected items from my apartment. I'd like to eventually ratchet down my items to a carry-on knapsack, one suitcase for clothes and one suitcase for mementos—for the items in life that define who I am, the things I just can't give away. Thus far, I've got:
- Family tree documents
- Photo of my dad
- The Breakup Repair Kit written by myself and Marni Kamins
- The Dating Repair Kit also written by myself and Marni
- Diplomas from various universities
- My passport
If you're in Los Angeles, feel free to stop by the mother of all yard sales this Saturday at 3541 Redwood Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90066. Buy my board:
I haven't got too many grand plans on where my suitcases will take me, but my intuition is telling me to get ready for when I go... wherever and whenever that may be.