Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 197: Artist Date: A trifecta of films

I was so wiped out from the yard sale yesterday that I spent much of Sunday in my pajamas dragging myself around my apartment. I told myself I should get out there and go on an Artist Date but then my soul cried out, I just want to stay hooooooommmmmmmeeeee. So, I stayed in, made popcorn and watched two movies...
 From the official site:
"Charlyne Yi does not believe in love. Or so she says. Well, at the very least, she doesn't believe in fairy-tale love or the Hollywood mythology of love, and her own experiences have turned her into another modern-day skeptic. PAPER HEART follows Charlyne as she embarks on a quest across America to make a documentary about the one subject she doesn't fully understand."
A sweet little film about love. I got all hopeful about love until I watched this movie...
Since I was confused by how we procreate at all after watching The Ugly Truth, I figured I'd add to the confusion by going out and seeing this movie...
I liked Inception. I had to think so much during the film just to follow what was happening that it undid all the mixed up emotions I had after watching the first two films. For this, it deserves an Oscar. (It also deserves an Oscar for Sound, Special Effects and Editing... holy crap!)


2 comments:

  1. I saw Inception yesterday and I think it melted part of my brain. I would love to know your take on "what really happens" in it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like it was all quite clear. But, if you got up to go to the bathroom at any point in the film, you'd be lost. If you drifted, you'd be lost. It took a lot of brain cells to follow along.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...