Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 210: You know what's awesome?


Sleeping in on a Saturday morning.

This may seem obvious to you. It's a rarity for me. But, there I was (above) waking up and realizing it was 9:12 a.m. Usually I get the call at 7:31 from Jim who is waiting with the crew at Peets who are all wondering where I am.

I usually leap out of bed, slip into my yoga gear, brush my teeth, head out the door, jump in the car, locate a rogue lip balm between the seats, apply and zip off to my neighborhood coffee shop. I waltz in the door Kramer-style at 7:38 and they throw up their arms hollering, "You're late!"

Only half way through my coffee do I wake up and think, "Did I even brush my hair?"

But this morning, I let all that go. I slept in and brushed my hair before meandering my way via the Heel Toe Express to the coffee shop later where, as luck would have it, I found some familiar faces I hadn't seen in awhile. I procured a place between my two favorites and sipped my coffee. I turned to the right to hear one telling me of stocks, then to the left to hear one talking of QuickBooks.

Sigh.

The content of the conversation wasn't there but the love was and I was still groggy so it was nice have them rattle on and do most of the talking about stuff I don't really understand or have the capacity to grasp in this moment. What I could grasp in this moment was that as I sat between these two people, there was no where else in the world I wanted to be and that I was happy and content.

It made me glad I had slept in.


1 comment:

  1. Dude, please tell me you had a stylist in your room before you took that picture.

    If I posted a pic of myself when I first woke up, people would never come to my blog again. The witch from Hansel & Gretel - yeah, that's me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...