Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 214: The sacredness of being alone and lonely

"I restore myself when I'm alone."
     -- Marilyn Monroe 

Me, too.

And this girl has a neat perspective of lonely:



My favorite quotes from the video:

"Lonely is a freedom that breaths easy and weightless."
"Lonely is healing if you make it."
"Hanging with my breath seeking peace and salvation."
"Take silence and respect it. If you have an art that has a practice, stop neglecting it."
That's it. Tonight, I'm getting out my guitar. Gonna hang with self and rock my own world.

3 comments:

  1. If there is one thing I love.....its hanging out with ME (and only me). But then again, I'm selfish that way. For some reason, I always get along with myself, I never argue with myself and if myself makes an error in judgment I easily forgive myself.
    Ya.....I pretty much love myself. Myself is so cute.
    ~
    And if I were you.....I would hangout with yourself a lot. Yourself is so wonderful. And myself adores yourself.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh I loved this. Wow.

    I often say to my coworkers or family (when they're annoying me) "Mommy needs alone time."

    It's true that nothing else restores and reconnects quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this!

    I love alone. She nailed it with " "Lonely is a freedom that breaths easy and weightless." and ""Lonely is healing if you make it." I spend a lot of time alone and I find solace and peace in it.

    Beautiful! Glad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...