Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 221: This is now a sugar free zone

If you've been following along, I've been a bit off these last few weeks. Some would say I'm moody. Others would say it's burn out. My therapist would say it's depression.

Whatever it is, it may have something to do with sugar. I've had a lot of events to attend that include sugary treats. I've been lapping them up, then walking through life all askew and wondering why. (Much like the dog at the 2:07 mark in the video below.)

A JELLO treat from the brunch I attended Sunday:
Then there were the chocolates from a bridal shower:
 Jin Patisserie on Abbott Kinney in Venice, CA.

Followed by the ice cream from movie night. Not to mention the pie from the graduation dinner. Oh, and the slushies served at the company office meeting.

Seems there is always an event in which to participate in sugar consumption. This can't be good for the mood or the waistline so I'm kaiboshing the sweets pronto for the next six weeks. Just inside writing this post, I was offered ice cream. Oh my. How will I do this?





6 comments:

  1. Leialoha in KailuaAugust 12, 2010

    Aloha Janice,
    Thanks for the Archie's flashback...I actually owned the 45's...oops...the age reveal. Purged that with all the other collectibles to Simplify! Love...Love your blog...good luck with the sugar free zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gorgeous,

    I hear you in your privileged pain of too much sugar. Man, it's everywhere. I had cut way back on sugar, went to Vienna, couldn't find any vegetables, and did tons of interviews and ate dark chocolate for a week (to survive, I tell ya!), and was back in the vicious cycle. Maybe the only cure for this sweet fix is that very, very sweet fix of Janice herself, and she's all natural too.

    Big time Archie comic fan as a kid (I had 10 cent ones, even 8 cents, speaking of dating oneself, so to speak), and Sugar Sugar was actually written by a Canadian, Andy Kim, and I remember that teaser but, man, seeing it again, does it suck in terms of creativity and animation! I always thought the background vocal of "I'm gonna make your life so sweet" at the end of the tune were sung by Betty (the low one) and then Veronica (belting it out with the Yeah, yeah, yeah!). But hey, that's just me.

    Hope you can come to Vancouver one day. One month from baby, and renovating. All is great.

    Miss ya and sending tons of love,

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous! It's Clive! I mean Pete! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean no more limoncello?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm. i forgot about that jello. good photo. makes me want some. (jello. want some jello.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 29, 2012

    your archie's video is no longer available.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...