Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 224: Artist Date: Eat Pray Love

You knew I had to go.

If you've been following along at all, you knew I had to see Eat Pray Love on opening weekend.

I'll just say this. I bawled in all the parts that were bawl-worthy and even some parts that weren't. If you go, don't wear eye makeup. You'll be a mess.

The international trailer:


"I am so sick of people telling me I need a man."
"You don't need a man, Liz. You need a champion."
So good.

After I collected myself, I walked home inspired to study Italian and I came across this little vocabulary list in my Italian language book:
Every word of Italian is a juicy morsel for the tongue. Even the vocabulary list is beautiful. "Poem to create my country." Isn't that was we're here for? To create our own country.

To find our way home.


5 comments:

  1. I hate to say it,,but i told you so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say it but,,, I told you so. I loved the book and am looking forward to the movie!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cannot imagine the envy I feel right now ~ I cannot WAIT to see that movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leialoha in KailuaAugust 15, 2010

    Aloha...saw→experienced eat...pray...love on Friday with a friend visiting from WA...yes! bring your tissues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the movie Saturday and really enjoyed it - and how many direct quotes were pulled from the book and incorporated into various parts of the story. But some of the rewriting bothered me a little.

    I did leave the theater thinking I needed to plan a trip entirely based on eating, though...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...