Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 300: Road rage and wanderlust

Already gone (18 x 18 acrylic collage)

Here's another painting I did when I wasn't here posting. I'm sure you were getting up every morning, making your coffee, flipping open the lid of the computer and heading straight to After the Artists Way only to discover that I haven't updated a thing since last week.

Or perhaps you show up once a week and read a week's worth (or less) of posts.

Or perhaps you didn't even notice I was gone.

Not possible!


Thank goodness. I was started to get worried. It an honor to be part of your daily life. I have a few blogs I visit each day and when they haven't posted, I feel a bit of my Impatience Dragon rise.

Impatience Dragon? 

What? You don't have one? Do you have a dragon to deal with? According to this guy, there are a bunch of Personality Dragons to contend with, such as Greed, Arrogance, Stubbornness, Self-Deprecation, Martyrdom and Self-Destruction.


I think all the dragons come out in road rage. I've had some road rage lately. I think it's more to do with my general lack of interest in—and my frustration with—my current daily life than the assholemotherfuckingjackassIDIOT drivers out there. Though, it could be their fault, too. Entirely their fault in fact.

Just as I was writing this post, there was a car accident outside my apartment. Everyone was fine. Plenty of hollering and some scraped metal. Just another day in paradise. 

That leads to the painting shown above. It reflects the loveliness of taking to the open road. No road rage in this art. The USA is perfect for road trips, and I've taken my fair share. It's like the whole country agreed to create towns and cities close enough and far away enough so you could get any kind of road trip you desire. Then someone came up with freeways and that was the end of that.

Now you can go across the country and not see a thing. And everything you thought was there once is already gone.



4 comments:

  1. Ah ha - there's the second one. I got a couple of days behind with reading your blog. Once again - love the painting. I would like to see these in the flesh. I prefer seeing art in it's real size, with all its texture and vibrance right there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your way of saying you'd like to stay in my guest room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it fun to try to come up with new names to call bad drivers. My most recent favorite was douchehat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome painting, Janice. Ford Galaxy? Kurt Vonnegut and Jean-Luc Godard had a thing about them.

    Funny, I found Californis drivers (and all down the west coast) very courteous and considerate by comparison with those in Melbourne. But New York - sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...