Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 301: Cousins exploring a world beyond grandma's house

I was lucky to be born into a big Catholic family.

Family events at grandma's house was always a huge event. Food for days, plenty of noise and cousins galore.

Now our brood is even bigger with my cousins getting married and having kids. We've even outgrown a house to hold an event. We rent a hall.

Everyone lives within a 2 hour drive of grandma's house except for me and my cousin Greg, who lives in Australia. At times, it's strange to be so far removed from the scene. Everyone at home is weaved in and out of each others' daily lives while Greg and I are off exploring the world on our own, patching in with phone calls, texts and Facebook updates.

I like not being the only one removed from the action. I like that Greg signed up for a life beyond provincial limits, too.

And here he is in Australia, being an architect superstar:





1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing to see Greg doing such significant work? So proud!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...