Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 302: A 30 second Halloween meditation

Halloween. Tis the time of year when everyone asks the same question. No, it's not "What are you going to be this year?" It's "Are you dressing up this year?"

Age makes us all complacent... unless you're gay and live in Hollywood. Then, not only are you dressing up this year for the annual parade, but you've been preparing since November 1st of last year. The Halloween parade in Hollywood is like the gay man's Super Bowl. And if you ever get a chance to go, it's unlike anything you've ever seen. If I don't remain complacent and I regain the Halloween spirit, I'll give you a full report here next week.

At lunch today, I went to one of the many "Halloween Headquarters" that have sprung up in empty office spaces all across the greater Los Angeles area to find myself something suitable to wear. I didn't find one thing I liked, but I found a lot of disgruntled office workers that looked stressed about finding something:

a) suitable for an office Halloween party
b) flattering
c) cheap

The best part of my outing was running into this guy:



And then I went home to figure out another costume idea...



3 comments:

  1. All you need is Toto, and you are set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me you're planning to say, "Toto I don't think we're in Canada anymore."

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what are you dressing up as? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...