Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Canadian beach bum REVEALED!

My Canadian beach bum.

If you didn't know I had a tattoo before, you do now. Glad I broke the news to my mom before I wrote this post. 

So I'm still hanging in Hawaii. Still loving the place. Still using the word "dude" at every opportunity. 

A few highlights of the day: 
I'd call this the low light of the day.
High winds, schmigh schminds.

This salad is bigger than my head. 
And that's big.

Wikipedia says, "The Piña Colada was introduced on August 16, 1954 at the Caribe Hilton’s Beachcomber Bar in San Juan, Puerto Rico by its alleged creator, Ramon “Monchito” Marrero. Apparently, the hotel management had expressly requested Monchito to mix a new signature drink that would delight the demanding palates of its star-studded clientele."
Star-studded clientele.

The surfer in this photo jumped off the cliff after this was taken. 
We shrieked like girls.

We also shrieked when there were whales. They were everywhere. So much so that we went from starting the week yelling "WHALE!" and pointing like we were in epileptic fits to simply looking up and pointing without interrupting our conversation. They were magnificent. I tried to take photos but that never seems to work. It's just blue ocean with what looks like a fly in the middle of the frame. But here was my attempt:
 Attempt 1: Fail

 Attempt 2: Fail

Attempt 3: Fail

Attempt 4: Steal photo from National Geographic.

A hui ho!
(See you later)

3 comments:

  1. I LLOL'ed literally laughed out loud at the whale series. You are ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me happy that you wear flowers in your hair in every shot. That's a very cute and vacation-y thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to do two things: look up the definition of "Revealed", and do a better job of managing expectations. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...