Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again"

Maple Leaf Lounge action at LAX. 

Have you ever felt like you are in the exact right place at the exact right time?

I felt like that when I was sitting at the Los Angeles airport in the Maple Leaf Lounge with my travel bosom buddy Aine. She was attending a conference in Santa Barbara and just so happened to have been on the same flight as me to sit with me . The same freaking flight!


Couldn't have planned it if I tried.

Talk about angels letting me know I'm on the right track.

I had a slew of goodbyes leading up to my flight. My friends were sad but encouraging. I held myself together largely by distracting myself with the tasks at hand, of which there were many. But sadness would rise in quiet moments of my days, like when I was doing dishes... or walking away.

Then there were the people I just couldn't fit in to see before I left, so I apologize to them about that.

Sometimes you just have to let yourself go.

So I did.

See you on the flip side.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...