Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I've sewn a pocket of you


I've sewn a pocket of you

I've sewn a pocket of you
On the inside of my skin
I've embroidered your initials
Because you are my designated issue
You get to have all the glory
Lucky you

Inside the pocket
I place all the pain
And things that never worked out
The way I thought they should
Because of something to do with me
But I made because of you

You are the emblem of my angst
The hero of my heartache
The knight that could never rescue
Not that I ever asked

Perhaps one day
The stitches will dissolve
Or loosen
Or be grown over
With thicker skin

But for now, my dear
I wear this pocket of you
That no one can see
Because it's sewn 
On the inside of my skin
And it's filled
With a little bit of pain
That I carry along
And I don't know how to handle
As I skip through my day





3 comments:

  1. I really love this poem Janice! My post today is dedicated to you - my Blog Mama. I'm so sorry about today. See you Friday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some of those pockets too.

    Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please publish a poetry book? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...