Friday, March 18, 2011

Shooting from the hip

My dogs are barking.

I did a lot of walking through the streets of Paris today. My main passions of the day have been having hot chocolate at the famed Angelina, capturing street life and shooting graffiti art by the likes of Jef Aerosol, THTF and Nemo. I'd love to find me some Banksy but he's allusive and those closest to him aren't talking. Plus, he's based in the U.K.

Problematic... but not for long.

I shot my street scenes from my hip as I walked around the Marais district of Paris. These shots seem to capture something interesting that I wouldn't have thought of shooting, whether it's romance, cigarette butts or little old French ladies. And I when I looked later, the whole collection was a complete surprise.



6 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you are in par-eeeee! It's exactly where my mind needed to go just now! I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth watching until the end just to see Jack from Jack In The Box without his hat. Excellent track as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Paris Combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your little video,you always amaze me you are so talented....it is in the genes

    ReplyDelete
  5. So charming.......thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You captured so many amazing moments! I love it.

    The first time I went to Paris, I was walking along the river and someone was burning letters under one of the bridges. It was so romantic and French. I swear that city is just bursting with moments like that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...