Friday, March 11, 2011

Today I can pray


People talk about how they need to meditate. But no one talks about what happens when you get there. That place where you get when you meditate.

Religious leaders go on about enlightenment and bliss and God-consciousness. But what is that really? 

What are we really seeking when we say we want a spiritual connection? A big conversation with God? More peace and love? That feeling of sitting in Rumi's field?
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.
-- Rumi
The book, Loyalty to your Soul: The Heart of Spiritual Psychology by Drs Ron and Mary Hulnick, helps you comprehend what life is like when you live life from Rumi's field. They call it living from the Authentic Self. They explain what life is like at the Authentic Self level of being and show you, step by step, how to get there. How great is that?

What is life like at the Authentic Self? 
I've been blessed to be living at the Authentic Self level of of being a time or two. It feels like, and this may seem cheesy or cliché, but it feels like an inner light is radiating out of my chest and that's all that matters. I feel like saying, "Holy Moses! Look at this light radiating out of my chest. I'm like a real Iron Man. This is incredible!" At the Authentic Self level, all I feel is LOVE! I love you and you and you! I even love that guy who didn't write me back.

From the Authentic Self level of being, life becomes a magic playground, love comes easy and everyone is beautiful... even those that I judge as treating me unkindly. Perhaps they come into my life to help me learn lessons. And there is a profound understanding in what God's will really means. There truly is acceptance and no more arguing with what is.

This notion of no more arguing with what is is what I'm focusing on today. At the Authentic Self level of being, we sit in a state of acceptance of what is.

For me, this means that there is no more arguing about the size of my thighs or my relationships or my place in life... or whether or not that guy wrote me back. There is just a neutral acceptance of what is without judgment. My thighs are the size they are based on choices I've made. So are my relationships and my place in life. And that guy who didn't write back? Whatever his reasons may have been don't belong to me. The information I have on hand is what is. From this point on, I can make slight adjustments here and there to improve situations in the future, but I can do it without judging myself as unlovable or whatever. I can accept. Then proceed.

And honestly, when we live from the Authentic Self level, the size of thighs doesn't matter anyway. Relationships are beautiful. Our place in life seems perfect. And that guy is a divine being having a human experience just like me.

But then an earthquake in Japan happens.

How can I live at the Authentic Self when I think of Japan and this earthquake, especially when seeing images of cars overturned and waves smashing homes to smithereens? Well, I have choices. I can judge the events as bad and sit in a state of upset. But that's not going to serve anyone and it's a waste of my time and energy. What happened in Japan is what is. It happened. Now what can be done?

What I can do from this moment right here, right now is:

1) Be thankful for not being in Japan today.
2) I can pray. I can send those that are there good vibes, love and light.
3) Ask the angels around me that don't have jobs to do today to go to Japan and help them out.

I know there are other things I can do at some point. But for now, in this moment, from me wee cottage in Canada, I can light a candle and pray, which brings me closer to Rumi's field, which is a very good place to be.

1 comment:

  1. Basically what you are trying to say is don't sweat the small stuff and be thankful for the things you do have

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...