Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Destination 4: Edinburgh, Scotland

"I have nothing to declare but my genius."
--Oscar Wilde

I couldn't stay in Paris forever.


So I high-tailed it out of there and left all this behind.

And I left this sweet being behind, too, but not before plans, promises and proposals were declared... but we both know that time can null and void any ticket to ride off into the sunset together.


A man's love. I get it. I really get it. And I really get what I haven't been getting until this beautiful creature showed me.

Sigh.

I can't help but think of my favorite ABBA song, Our Last Summer. We walked along the Seine, we laughed in the rain. We made our way along the river and sat down in the grass by the Eiffel Tower. And we had a drink in each café, too. Just like in the song. That was us.

But the tour continues.

And time will tell with that one.

Stay tuned.

Still, it's good to have space to process Paris.

I hopped a flight to Edinburgh, Scotland, to hang out in the land of MacLeod.

I thought I'd score me a kilt. I'm sorry to say that the MacLeod tartan is a very loud Bumblebee yellow and I refuse to traipse around the world with a yellow arse.

I considered getting a getup like this guy...

But I settled on a gray and black little number with pink stripes that went well with the rest of my wardrobe, which is Catholic school girl in nature.

I'm kidding.

My wardrobe is actually rock star in nature.

Now I just need a Ramone's t-shirt and I'll be all set. 

Anyway, Edinburgh.

Today I get the gear. Tomorrow I charge the castle.

9 comments:

  1. Love 'em and cleave 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least try that yellow thing on. You can leave your arse bare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your butcher will enjoy seeing pictures of you in your new Catholic school girl skirt. So wonderful you're in Edinburgh! What an amazing city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kilt looks great on you.Hopefully that hitch hiking picture is just a pic and not a real occurence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun storming the castle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice, you deserve all this and a more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to your adventures my friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. PROPOSALS!?!?!?! Ooooo-la-la!

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your clan tartan looks a whole lot like Cher's awesome 90s outfit in Clueless.

    http://www.fash-eccentric.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/halloween-costume-clueless1.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...