Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bentlily







This is what I do
when I return
to my hotel
rented flat
or borrowed couch
in whatever country i am in
at the moment

I take off my shoes,
bag, coat and effort
I make a cup of tea,
sit down
and read your poems

They are a calm home base
from which I can
gather myself
and remember who I am

A thousand thank yous
in a thousand languages
from a thousand countries
for making your simple quest
to write a poem a day
where I live


(Visit bentlily to read the lovely poetry of Samantha Reynolds.)


2 comments:

  1. I wish I was with you right now.....staring out the window, sipping tea, being inspired.....

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really proud of you, Janice. Keep living life to the fullest. You'll never be dissappointed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...