Thursday, December 8, 2011

A year in review

It was this week one year ago since I kaiboshed my job as a copywriter in an advertising agency.

It was a good day.

Except for the bawling and yelling.

Bygones.

Since then, I've managed to leave my life in California, travel throughout Europe and blog about it to you, dear reader. If you've skipped a few days throughout the year, no worries. Here are some highlights:
  1. Channeled higher beings in Hawaii. 
  2. Broke up with AT&T. Hateful company.
  3. Hooked up with the butcher in Paris.
  4. Fell in deep love with the Citizen M hotel in Glasgow.
  5. Had my nipples scrubbed by an old Korean lady.
  6. Crashed the Royal Wedding.
  7. Fooled around at the Vatican. Yet still managed to eke out a blessing from the Pope.
  8. Danced in the fountains of Rome. Drunk. At midnight.
  9. Blew a monumental wad in Florence.
  10. Sighed on the Bridge of Sighs in Venice.
  11. Sailed away from my old mafia king fling in Sorrento.
  12. Went to war with les souris in Paris.
  13. Found Wanda Sykes in a cemetery in Paris. She's alive. She was on vacation. And only one reader guessed who it was. Go Erik!
  14. Let's not forget the tea party with Kathy Bates. 
  15. Went on a digital diet in Poland. And almost got hit by lightning.
  16. Unraveled my Santa Monica apartment.
  17. Made love to my favorite gelato. He was delicious.
Not bad.

But just wait until 2012. I've got big plans brewing. I'm hanging out in Canada with my family until after Christmas. But on my birthday, December 27th, I'm packing my bags again. Here's a clue:

I'm holding my passport but that's not my passport photo.

That's a visa.

13 comments:

  1. All I can say is Yippee! The rue awaits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tease us so. I think you are going to work as a stripper in the Netherlands, and write about your experiences. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's an impressive list of experiences. Brava to you!
    I'll guess that's a French VISA - Paris is a great place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On second thought, that's too easy and predictable. I'm going to revise my guess and go with Craftwhack - Stripper in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see where you are headed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am rationing your blogs.No I guess I won't. You are good for what ails me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a romantic and I'm hoping that you've fallen in love with chicken and roasted potatoes on the rue...........and soooooooooooo much more!!

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited I have chills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you need a countdown clock app on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geez, I totally need to subscribe to your blog. I can't believe I missed out on all this, especially the Korean Nipple Scrubber.

    Looking forward to your big announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I impressed by your post.Your work is so good.
    hcg diet
    Buy HCG Drops Online

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...