Sunday, August 26, 2012

Recipe: Beef Bourguignon... with photos!

People go bananas for beef bourguignon. It's a fancy name for beef stew. Julia Child's recipe is the most famous and the version below is based on hers. This recipe is guaranteed to help you win the affection of friends and family. It's also handy for getting you out of sticky situations. When I came home with a blender the other day that was WELL BEYOND the budget, I whipped up some beef stew and all was forgiven and forgotten. I also got a bonus back rub. Score.





























The dumplings are optional but delightful. And Julia doesn't mention them in her book. My mom gave me the recipe. She's good that way.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, this looks delicious. I'll have to make some, after I try the real thing in Paris ina few weeks, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictorial recount of this. Brilliant. I don't think I will ever have beef bourguignon better than the one I had at Caveau des Arches in Beaune. It was like candy. Although I haven't yet tried yours... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon after I made my first Beef Bourguignon, I spoke with a gentleman from Quebec. He told me about the best "secret" ingredient to add next time I make the dish. Chocolate! Just a square or two when it is simmering at the end, but apparently it makes quite a difference and your tastebuds are delightfully surprised.

    R. Minor

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...